Labor Day Weekend at Navy Pier
September 2, 2015
Although Labor Day often marks the end of summer, there are plenty of things happening at Navy Pier to keep the summer spirit alive. Visitors and Chicago locals alike can enjoy everything from boat tours, live music, outdoor movies, and of course all of the delicious restaurants. Whether you’re heading down for a day or […]
Although Labor Day often marks the end of summer, there are plenty of things happening at Navy Pier to keep the summer spirit alive. Visitors and Chicago locals alike can enjoy everything from boat tours, live music, outdoor movies, and of course all of the delicious restaurants. Whether you’re heading down for a day or spending the whole weekend with us, take a look at this list of events and activities to help plan out the perfect holiday weekend!
Movies on the Pier
Kick off the weekend with an outdoor movie. On Thursday, September 3 the covered, open-air Pepsi Skyline Stage will feature Caddyshack at 7 p.m. Don’t forget to arrive early because the first 100 guests will receive a unique giveaway that matches the theme of the movie! You can find more information about Movies on the Pier here.
Music at Landshark Beer Garden
If you’re looking for some awesome live music, Landshark Beer Garden is the place to be. With concerts on all four days of the long weekend, you’re bound to find a show that matches your music preferences. Stop by for a few songs or stay for the last encore. Here is the full lineup of shows:
Friday September 4:
- Leonum 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Red Rebel County 9 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Saturday September 5:
- Safe Haven 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Ginger Road 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Rod Tuffcurls and the Bench Press 9 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Sunday September 6:
- The Hot Sauce Committee 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Ultimate Concept 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Todd Hembrook & the Hemispheres 9 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Monday September 7:
- MER 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Aon Summer Fireworks
It wouldn’t be Labor Day without some classic fireworks right on Lake Michigan. Head to the Pier Saturday night at 10:15 p.m. for a spectacular display of color and light over the city. You don’t want to miss this show—it’s the last one of the summer season!
If you’d rather spend your holiday out on the lake or the Chicago River, there are tons of options for boat cruises and tours! Check out some of the cruises below:
- Architecture Fireworks Cruise: Saturday 9:15 p.m. – 10:45 p.m.
- Lake Fireworks Cruise: Saturday 9:30 – 10:30 p.m.
- Lakefront Fireworks Cruise: Saturday 9:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Architecture Tour—Sunday and Monday (multiple departure times)
- Lakefront Speedboat Tour—Sunday and Monday (multiple departure times)
For a full list of Seadog cruises, visit their website.
- Fireworks Dinner Cruise: Saturday 8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Champagne Brunch Cruise: Sunday 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Labor Day Prix Fixe Dinner Cruise: Monday 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Find more information about Odyssey Labor Day weekend cruises here.
- Blue after Dark Moonlight Cruise: Saturday 1:00 a.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Labor Day Sunday Dinner Cruise: Sunday 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Visit the Mystic Blue website for more details about Labor Day weekend cruises.
- Skyline Lunch Cruise: Friday 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Lake-Breeze Dinner Lounge: Saturday 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Laughs on the Lake Comedy Cruise: Sunday 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
See more Labor Day weekend cruise options on the Spirit of Chicago website.