Navy Pier is currently in the midst of a transformative project that will reimagine it into a bolder, greener and more contemporary urban space for decades to come.
- Walk inside the newly created interior hallway that takes you from the Family Pavilion on the west end to Chicago Shakespeare Theater and Navy Pier’s east end. The interior hallway includes Navy Pier’s New Food Experience. We brought a flavorful and elevated Chicago dining experience within this newly created space.
- For wheelchair access to the Centennial Wheel, elevators are available at the following locations:
- Inside at the Family Pavilion by the women’s restroom.
- Inside the newly created interior hallway.
- Inside by the Chicago Shakespeare Theater.
- Navy Pier Guest Services staff is located inside the main entrance to Navy Pier and will help orient you to the Pier and answer your questions.
- All pedestrians can walk the south dock of Navy Pier from west to east to access outdoor restaurant seating areas, Centennial Wheel and amusement rides in Pier Park, Pepsi® Skyline Stage® and dining and sightseeing cruise boats.
- There are two outdoor staircases on the south dock that will lead you to the Centennial Wheel and amusement rides in Pier Park as well as Pepsi® Skyline Stage:
- Staircase just east of McDonalds, next to Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Bar & Grill.
- Center staircase across from Seadog speedboat ride.
- Shoreline Sightseeing Tours depart from Odgen Slip.
- For bike and quadcycle rentals, visit Bike & Roll Chicago in Polk Bros Park, just in front of Navy Pier’s main entrance.
- Bicycle racks are located at the entrance to the south dock, near to the Shoreline Water Taxi ticket booth. Bikes are not permitted on the south dock.
- When driving to Navy Pier follow signs on Illinois Street to turn left (north) on Streeter Drive as you approach Polk Bros Park and then right (east) on Grand to access the parking garages. Taxis can be hailed at the entrance of Navy Pier near south Polk Bros Park.
- The Chicago Department of Transportation continues its work to create a flyover bridge for the Chicago Lakefront Trail to ease congestion by diverting cyclists and pedestrians above and over vehicular traffic near Navy Pier. Lane reductions are currently in place on Grand Avenue from Navy Pier to Lake Shore drive. These lane changes may cause traffic delays for vehicles exiting Navy Pier, especially at peak times on peak days such as weekends and Aon Summer Fireworks nights. For more information please visit the CDOT website by clicking here.
Navy Pier will continue with normal operating hours throughout the ongoing renovations and select full-service restaurants, boats and theaters will keep extended hours as their event schedules dictate. The West and East indoor parking garages located on Navy Pier are open and easily accessible from Illinois Street and Lake Shore Drive. For a route map to the parking garages and traffic flow click here.